SIRC is seeking a customer-oriented, Principal Systems Engineer (Application Packaging) at Pocatello Idaho.
Come join our team supporting the most dynamic and growing data center in the West. Located within hours of Yellowstone, the Grand Tetons, Butte, Boise, and Salt Lake City, with hiking, biking, white water rafting and skiing surrounding you to support an excellent work/life balance.
- Produce functional high level best practice standards and complicated Microsoft Windows Installer Packages at an enterprise production
- Apply specific desired settings using a variety of industry accepted tools with frequent low level custom
- Complete packages in a timely manner and is responsible for COTS and in house type applications using Admin Studio following an established process and workflow. Packaging will consist of building silent installation packages in a MSI/MST format and performing initial installation testing on Windows 7 /10 or other Window Server before handing off to the client for user acceptance testing and eventual deployment through SCCM Application Virtualization with Microsoft App-V, or Microsoft ACT package.
- Prepare, build, update and maintain a repeatable clean initial virtual machine base work environment from which to launch and initiate packaging
- Automate the work environment to include the configuration of tools with necessary merge modules and additional specific company global settings
- Create a high volume of conflict free, validated, advertised, rollback enabled, just in time, and error free restorable packages certified for delivery through the system configuration management
- Create deployment packages for COTS and custom applications in an enterprise environment
- Package applications and software updates utilizing tools such as Flexera Admin Studio, Install Shield or tools such as App-V Sequencer
- Develop, maintain, and deploy secure web browser packages using a variety of web browsers including Internet Explorer, Firefox, and Chrome in a Windows environment
- Develop and follow procedures for testing applications prior to deployment
- Document the customizations and changes made during the packaging process
- Participate in the preparation of materials and oral presentations for customers and management
- Transition knowledge to the government staff through training and assistance on how to use the technology using industry best practices