SIRC is seeking a customer-oriented, Senior Systems Engineer III at Pocatello Idaho.
Come join our team supporting the most dynamic and growing data center in the West. Located within hours of Yellowstone, the Grand Tetons, Butte, Boise, and Salt Lake City, with hiking, biking, white water rafting and skiing surrounding you to support an excellent work/life balance.
The Senior Systems Engineer III (Storage) shall be responsible for design, deployment, testing, certification, patching, addressing interoperability issues, not only of the base storage system, but for all features, components and application dependencies. To include Storage Area Network (SAN), Network Attached Storage (NAS), Tape, local disk, Fibre Channel, iSCSI, etc.
- Design, implement and provide ongoing support of the Storage Infrastructure
- Serve as the expert matter expert (SME) for all Storage environments
- Evaluate, improve, and maintain the information security throughout the storage
- Monitor and correct critical storage issues and create recovery processes for hardware for failures and performance bottlenecks and configure alerts for proactive response
- Install, configure, test and maintain system management tools, SAN infrastructure and server plug-ins with the latest hardware and software patch and firmware versions
- Pro-actively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability to include verification of the replication of data, fail over copies, redundant data
- Monitor and test application performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions, and work with developers to implement those fixes
- Write and maintain custom scripts to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time on any tasks, such as automated provisioning storage with Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS)
- Provide 4th level support
- Ensure technical documentation exists for all systems and is kept up to date to include inventory and patch levels of all systems to include host-names, property numbers, IP addresses, enclave, number of cores, number of processors, admin passwords, certificates, and service accounts on a monthly interval
- Document system configurations to include passwords, access controls, version number, and revision numbers, patch levels, and inventory to include host-names, TCP/IP addresses, number of processors, and number of cores, memory, and license
- Provide real-time reporting of storage provisioned and utilized resources to include performance metrics for disk space consumption, storage availability, performance and trends