SIRC is seeking a customer-oriented, Senior Desktop Engineer II (Windows) at Pocatello Idaho.
Come join our team supporting the most dynamic and growing data center in the West. Located within hours of Yellowstone, the Grand Tetons, Butte, Boise, and Salt Lake City, with hiking, biking, white water rafting and skiing surrounding you to support an excellent work/life balance.
The Senior Desktop Engineer II (Windows) shall be responsible for baseline engineering, design, integration, deployment, testing, certification, patching, addressing interoperability issues, not only of the base operating system, but for all support libraries, components and application dependencies.
- Provide Tier 3 and Tier 4 level support
- Design, implement and provide ongoing support of the Windows Infrastructure
- Engineer, integrate, design and deploy various Windows components and expert knowledge in Active Directory, Group Policy, digital certificates, and multi factor integration
- Create and maintain bare-metal and virtual machines with the appropriate distribution of Windows and network configuration, using tools that include Windows Deployment Services, System Center Configuration Manager, SCOM, Hyper-V, SQL Server, Windows 2016, and Windows 10
- Provision/configure required software onto servers, such as web servers and databases such as SQL Server
- Evaluate, improve, and maintain the information security throughout the Windows
- Monitor and correct critical server issues and create recovery processes for failures and performance bottlenecks
- Manage and monitor all installed systems and infrastructure
- Install, configure, test and maintain operating systems, application software and system management tools to include
- Proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability
- Maintain security, backup, and redundancy
- Write and maintain custom scripts to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time on any tasks
- Ensure technical documentation exists for all systems and is kept up to date to include inventory and patch levels of all systems to include hostnames, property numbers, IP addresses, enclave, number of cores, number of processors, admin passwords, certificates, and service accounts on a monthly basis
- Integrate systems with Windows as it applies to authentication and core services dependencies such single sign-on and Active Directory