SIRC is seeking a customer-oriented, Senior Systems Engineer II (Unix/Linux) at Pocatello Idaho.
Come join our team supporting the most dynamic and growing data center in the West. Located within hours of Yellowstone, the Grand Tetons, Butte, Boise, and Salt Lake City, with hiking, biking, white water rafting and skiing surrounding you to support an excellent work/life balance.
The Senior Systems Engineer II (Unix/Linux), shall be responsible for the design, deployment, testing, certification, patching, addressing interoperability issues, not only of the base operating system, but for all support libraries, components and application dependencies.
- Design, installation, implementation, and configuration as well as ongoing support of the Unix/Linux
- Provision/configure required software onto servers, such as web servers
- Evaluate, improve, and maintain the information security throughout the Linux
- Monitor and correct critical server issues and create recovery processes for failures and performance
- Install, configure, test and maintain operating systems, application software and system management tools
- Monitor and test application performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions, and work with developers to implement those fixes
- Maintain security, backup, and redundancy strategies
- Participate in the design of information and operational support systems
- Provide 3rd level of support
- Engineer multi factor authentication between Linux environments and the enterprise Windows infrastructure
- Ensure technical documentation exists for all systems and is kept up to date to include inventory and patch levels of all systems to include host-names, property numbers, IP addresses, enclave, number of cores, number of processors, admin passwords, certificates, and service accounts on a monthly interval
- Integrate systems with Windows as it applies to authentication and core services dependencies such single sign-on and Active Directory. Engineer and implement solutions for multi factor authentication with FBI standardized software and hardware