SIRC is looking to fill an immediate opening for a Sr. Hyper-V Engineer & System Center for a project in downtown Washington DC (Metro accessible). This is our DIRECT CLIENT. If you are interested, please send me your resume along with your expected salary or hourly rate on W2, 1099 or Corp to Corp.
Our client seeks a Sr. level Windows Engineer with extensive expertise in Hyper-V and Active Directory. Sr. Engineer will be part of a Platform as a Service deployment team (PaaS) implementing a new Windows 2012 / 2016 Hyper-V / System Center Infrastructure. The new infrastructure platform with also utilize Virtual Machine Manager and Microsoft Azure private and public cloud integration. The Hyper-V Engineer will provide specialized knowledge to configure these systems in conformance with customer requirements. Troubleshooting and resolution of any Hyper-V related problems will be primary responsibilities of this engineer.
This position requires coordination with the customer, as well as a variety of technical personnel with different specialized skills. The team based environment is fast moving and has high expectations for quality of work and turnaround times. Candidates must have extensive knowledge and experience with Microsoft Systems Center and PowerShell will help develop operational and maintenance procedures for these systems and document system configuration and operational procedures. The system will be hosted on DELL hardware, attached to Dell Compellent storage and local disks, in a lights out configuration with support for Bare Metal Deployments and Multi-Tennant PaaS cloud.
- Coordinates IT project management, engineering, maintenance, QA, and risk management.
- Plans, coordinates, and monitors project activities.
- Develops technical applications to support users.
- Develops, implements, maintains and enforces documented standards and procedures for the design, development, installation, modification, and documentation of assigned systems.
- Provides training for system products and procedures.
- Performs application upgrades.
- Performs, monitoring, maintenance, or reporting on real- time databases, real-time network and serial data communications, and real-time graphics and logic applications.
- Troubleshoots problems.
- Ensures project life-cycle is in compliance with District standards and procedures.