SIRC is looking to fill an immediate opening for an Administrative Support Journeyman for a project in downtown Washington DC (Metro accessible). This is our DIRECT CLIENT. If you are interested, please send me your resume along with your expected hourly rate on W2, 1099 or Corp to Corp.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with Connect.DC’s street team to coordinate citywide door-to-door resident engagement strategy
- Solicit feedback from residents and community anchors about their experiences with digital inclusion programs (Includes door to door surveys)
- Knowledge required:
- Extensive knowledge of District neighborhoods, particularly in Wards 5, 7, and 8
- Expert knowledge of principles and practices planning, management and operations research, and outreach program management improvement.
- Expert knowledge of the principles of digital inclusion, including the populations most affected by technology disparities, major barriers to broadband adoption, and solutions to address the digital divide
- Ability to plan, coordinate, and execute multiple projects and/or public events simultaneously
- Ability to coordinate with multimedia communication teams internally and externally in advancing public awareness and outreach campaigns
- Maintain Connect.DC’s social media (i.e., Facebook, Twitter, Instagram) platforms and post content about programs, partnerships, and events
- Attend community events on behalf of Connect.DC, including events at night and on weekends
- Produce web content and use social media to engage the public and promote Connect.DC initiatives
- Answer Connect.DC’s dedicated phone line and answer resident questions about programs and services
- Collaborate with individuals and organizations, primarily in underserved areas, to promote solutions to bridging the digital divide.
- Identify “digital gaps” in access and training and serve as a liaison between internal and external stakeholders to create solutions
- Responsible for developing, drafting, writing and editing reports, briefs, proposals, and other documents in support of a client’s requirements.
- Interfaces with personnel to coordinate meetings, maintain logs, records and files, provides end-user support, and performs general administrative duties.
- Assists in budgetary, billing, and financial management.
- Responsible for preparing and/or maintaining systems, programming and operations documentation, procedures and methods, including user reference manuals.